Thursday, March 27, 2008

Spring Break 08


Spring break always manages to rejuvenate me. our track season has gone well so far and has gone according to plan. I am loaded with seniors and most of them have been around for at least 3 years. I have done a good job of recruiting this year and have some top notch freshman girls and guys that will stabilize the program for the long haul. I have been running as much as my body has been willing to do especially with the long days of teaching/coaching. I am off to the NC mountains tomorrow through Sunday to prepare for my pacing event at the Umstead 100. I plan on doing at least 3 loops and more if needed. I am also getting ready for my summer running calendar. I am very active in my church and I am fortunate that we head to the mountains for a week every June and I use this time wisely to get closer to God and do that by running every hard and steep hill in Black Mountain that I can find. We also do our XC camp there in July and I run on the other side of the mountain range then. I am very happy to say that my wife has taken up running for the first time and she finally finished 5 long, hilly miles the other day at a good clip. It hasn't hurt that my daughter runs for my track team and she is a pretty good runner and a great hurdler. She is on the brink of automatically qualifying for regionals in both the 100 and 300 hurdles. it also looks like her 4x 400 relay team will make another trip to the NC State Championships in May. Well, sorry for the ramblings. I hope everyone onthe team is doing well and are reaching their goals. God Bless and Happy Trails, Jeff

No comments: