Saturday, February 16, 2008

Ankle sprains. I can live without them


At 46 you think I would have managed to figure out how to go through life without a sprained ankle. I have had a great two weeks since my PR at the Uwharrie 40 mile Mountain run. I have a very busy and great life. I coach 3 sports at my high school and with the shape I am in, I still feel 18 even though my mornings say otherwise. Growing up in Ky. as a kid, basketball and running seemed almost second nature to me. In the last JV practice of the year we were playing knockout. I was in against my leading scorer and point guard when I went up for a rebound and one of my helpful kids attempted to assist me by getting the rebound. Pow. That was it. His foot and my ankle were suddenly incompatible. I was able to get up, finish the game (high tolerance for pain, Gotta love ULTRA'S) but lost unfortunately. So what is the outcome? Ankle swelling is down, I need no crutches, and I will attempt to run tonight in my church basketball league. I think I will be fine. Every time I get injured I take it as a chance to reassess my goals and figure out if I am doing what I need to do to succeed in making them happen. I hope everyone does the same periodically. Don't despair, the trails will wait for you.Happy Trails. Jeff

No comments: